Saturday 25 March 2006

Success!

Three weeks ago I volunteered to review a newspaper strip-collection. The publisher even sent me a review-copy - so this was "real" review, not one of those where I have to buy my own copy which I will then publish at some forums or on my blog.

It saw the light of day at Kvaak.fi, which is the biggest* comics portal in Finland. The forums are read by all - the publishers, the editors, translators, artists and writers - and so it's not just some "fan project".

The review is in finnish and can be found here. It has been up for four hours now and the page has 70 hits - on Saturday.
Apparently my text wasnt awfully sucky, as I was asked to review some comics for Otaku - which is THE fanzine for anime in Finland*. I'll probaply not get paid, but Ill get more copies for review. As albums aren't that cheap for poor student like me, free stuff is free stuff even if I have to write a review about it. (My dad pointed that it isint free if I have to review it, but as I would probaply write a review anyway, I think this is pretty cool).
Hopefully, in a few years I get my texts up in Sarja-Info, the four-times-a-year magazine published by Finland's Comics Society. That is, if I can keep writing that long. But it would be really great to see my name in print somewhere.

Well, dreams are important, don't shatter them, please.

*OK, so theres only one
*There are others, but this is the only one with regular publishing schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment