Thursday 25 February 2010

My new phone


I bought a new phone (pictured), a Motorola Milestone. It's really neat, though the battery lasts about two days with my habits. But this was predictable, and I'm ok with that; there was no way I was going to find a phone with these features and still get a long uptime!


The phone is quite similar to Nokia N900. It's a bit slimmer, a bit better designed and the battery lasts a bit longer. Otherwise they are quite similar. The phone runs Google's Android 2.0 (a Linux-derivative), which has an impressive number of free software up for installation. Such as the program I'm writing this on, Blogaway. Indeed, I've heard the operating system is to be used on netbooks as well, though I'm unsure how well it scales. Wouldn't people be happier with a true Linux-distro, like Ubuntu? Or just go with WinXP? But I digress.


The main point is, that after two weeks of use, I'm extremly happy. No regrets.


(The picture is lifted from The Independent, a quality newspaper if there ever was one. Used without permission. Please don't sue.)


No comments:

Post a Comment