Friday 16 December 2005

Happiness!

This post is update in my life, which consists of report about my life during the past few days. About how Salo was at school and kept a presentation; about how he got his permanent driving licence and lastly some ponderings about internet relationships.

On Thursday I had presentation (ten pages plus powerpoint) at school about Japanese culture. It was group project, there was four of us.. and I admid, we took Japan mostly out of my suggestion (I had done several presentations of the subject already, and I knew stuff without having to look up, which is always a bonus). As it goes, one person of the group stopped school 20 hours before the presentation - something about how he had studied too long and he couldnt continue, law said so. He didn't give us his notes, tho I know he had them, so suddenly we were short several pages.
Somehow making the powerpoint and collecting and editing the papers from the group became my task... We made some last minute modifications, but things really didnt go as we had planned, because second group member decided to drink alcohol the day before presentation and had a hangover (and therefore didnt come to talk at his cue). The presentation went just fine with only two of us, I was amazed how much I actually knew of the subject. Teacher asked a curve-ball question about employment (I dont think she hoped for an answer), and I think she was quite suprised that I could, after little thinking,give essey answer on the subject!
And then I had, at the same day, that driving lesson stuff (more of that later), so I gave the nearly-complete paper to the fourth group member, who promised to see it thru (there were some incomplete sentences and stuff like that yet to be edited, thanks to small changes we had done earlier in the morning). Felt like I was escaping from a sinking boat - only one person left, after me! But yeah, I did do my part, I feel. Most in the whole group, but I wonder what the fourth member feels..

* * *

So, the driving stuff. The second stage (as its called) consisted of class in "How to drive during dark?" (read: nearly always on wintertime outside cities), of "grading drive" (where teacher put me driving around and wrote up my mistakes, what I should try to correct in the future), four hours of testdriving at arena, with road iced and water thrown over, hour or so watching two wrecked cars scraped from the road, also testing some Volvo-gadget which simulated (on low speed) how it feels like when car goes over three times before settling on its roof, and how hard its to get out thru window if this happens.
This morning had the last theory class, which was quite ridiculous, and I dont think I learned anything new; expect that getting driver's licence will be getting even harder at future; they are going to double the compulsory driving lessons! It isint like Finland wouldnt have one of the hardest driving schools in the world as it is! Well, that dosent really have anything to do with me, but my sister will be so pissed off when she has to go thru this "all new driving school" in seven or eight years.
So, got my studies for permanent driving licence finished and gave it to police. Said I can come to get it after seventh of January next year. After getting it to my hands, I can use it till Im 55 (my current one is ok only till next July). Also, I wont lose it after my first speeding ticket or bad parking.

* * *

Bordering on my personal life; talking with a great personality (belonging to a female) always make me feel incredible happy for days after. Even if we talked via computer.
This also borders on pathetic; I think of her way too much even if Im not on computer. Definetly not good. Hope this rubs off. Though I have to admid, usually Im very gloomy this time of a year. Now I feel like I could dance.

* * *

Should draw more, but somehow I dont seem to get anything orginal on paper. Just faces, and Im good enough with those already. Maybe should take some photos and practice drawing more from a model? To make art that is actually good enough to recongize the model from. Yes, that is definetly something I should practice more of.

* * *

On other news. Do you know how it feels to hear that someone actually reads my writings? Without prompting? [HINT: so very good].

No comments:

Post a Comment