Tuesday 26 July 2005

Happy Poopbags

I have summerjob as "green area worker", which means that, along other things, I also remove unwanted plants from ground. This means that I have to be on my knees, possibly even sitting on my butt while removing some plants with bigger roots. I also have to walk in bushes, making seeing where I put my feet somewhat hard.

Its not nice to sit or walk into dogshit.

Two weeks ago, a workmate of mine was cutting grass with one of those hand-held grasscutters. The grass was kneehigh, so he just waved the stick around, not seeing where he stuck it. It was safe enough; it was grassfield, there shouldnt be any rocks or anything like that you could stick the mover on.

Expect dog shit. My workmate got to know PERSONALLY what it means when "shit hits the fan". He was not nice view to see.

There is a law in Finland stating that you shouldnt keep dogs free on areas at towns not so specified. And if the dog needs to make his Big Business, the "mines" have to be gathered into bags. Actually, there is a company making bags just for this type of problem - plastic bags that you can safely dispose with the rest of bio-trash. They market them with the name "Hauska koirankakkapussi" - "happy dogpoopbag". The law is there for a reason.

If you are a dog owner. Please, think of the green area workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment