Monday 8 October 2007

The Sea During Winter



This photo is four years old. I was working as "research assistant" in Tapiola, a district in Espoo. From there it was about five kilometres to Lauttasaari [Ferry Island] where my grandmother lived. I walked there few times after work, and once took the photo while crossing the bridge.

It is quite amusing that now, nearly half decade later I find this on my hard drive, when I'm nearly on the same situation again; pondering about future. Then I had just graduated from High School and was weighting the options where to continue my studies (just stopping there didn't really occur to me) and what army would be like (next summer).

As far as I can recall, that is Espoo on the right and Sea on the left. Hundred years ago, you could just walk to Tallinn from here; now the Ice Breakers that keep the waterways open make this impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment