Wednesday 5 September 2007

Some songs I've been listening to

Three songs that I have played quite often on my iPod recently.

The first one is from a free concert in Helsinki in -92, and that is the genuine choir, and not some pretenders. This is the version of the song I most like;

Leningrad Cowboys and the Red Army Choir - Knocking on Heaven's Door


Juice was a groundstone of Finnish pop/rock for decades till he died a year or two ago. He had (among other things) very bad diabetes, and his living habits left much to be wanted. It's a surprise he lasted as long as he did.

Juice Leskinen - Musta Aurinko Nousee


Some Swedish band that was the representative of the previously mentioned country in Eurovision Song Contest this year. I heard this song at local music TV while idly waiting for something to happen.

The Ark - Prayer for Weekend


Listen if you care to.

1 comment:

  1. You have a gift to spot the interesting details in the scene. Maybe it's because you grew up in country with so many superb musicians (considering the small population). At any rate, keep your radar on the move and let me know if you find anything of interest.

    ReplyDelete